The 7-day Animal Dreaming Publishing Author’s Way Writers’ Retreat
Where: Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Qld (even though the owners do not live there, the venue is a privately owned mansion and, as a result, the address will not be given until closer to the event)
When: Sunday 19th – Saturday 25th February, 2017
Registration: 9am – 10am Sunday 19th February, 2017
Checkout: 9am Sunday 25th February, immediately after breakfast
Cost: $3550 per person. Price includes accommodation, all activities and three catered meals a day.
Payment: Payment is by direct deposit only. Please email for a registration form
- Deposit: A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required at time of booking to secure your place at the retreat.
- Payment Plans: Are available for the remainder of the fees.
- Early Bird Special: If you pay for your place in full before June 30 2016 the Early Bird price is only $3047 (that’s a $503 discount – just for paying in full!)
- Have you always dreamed of having a spare week to do nothing but focus on your writing and your creative self?
- Have you ever dreamed of hiring a private mansion in an exotic location so that you can write without interruption, like they do in the movies?
- And have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a private coach (or two) who just happens to be a best-selling published and internationally award winning authors there with you, to guide your growth and development as a writer, every step of the way?
Well, here’s your chance!
Picture this: Seven full days on Queensland’s beautiful Gold Coast in a water-front luxury mansion with nothing to do but write, relax, eat good food, write, swim, write, rest, write, write … with two internationally published authors –
Maria Elita (author of the ‘Atlantis Oracle’, ‘The Miracle’ and the ‘Naked Entrepreneur) and
Scott Alexander King (author of ‘Animal Dreaming’, ‘World Animal Dreaming’ and the Animal Dreaming Oracle Cards, Indigo Children and Cheeky Monkeys, Earth Mother Dreaming, Bohemian Animal Tarot, 3x Journey Cd’s, Oracle of the Innocent Heart and Nature’s Wisdom Medicine Cards) – as your personal writing mentors and coaches.
The daily creative writing exercises facilitated by Maria and Scott are designed to build your confidence as a writer and your skills as an author. You will write every day during this luxury retreat, with each session focusing on a different approach, topic and theme.
Writers of all levels are welcome to attend this retreat. Whether you yearn to be a published author someday or you simply want to write for your own pleasure, or your friends and family, our goal is to help you trust your creativity and unique writing voice, to silence the inner ‘writing critic’ and to get you to the point where you believe in yourself as a writer, no matter how new you are to the art.
During the retreat, each participant will enjoy a one-on-one mentoring chat with either Maria or Scott intended to help you unlock your writer-potential and remove all hint of writer’s block. Mealtime will also offer a wonderful opportunity to chat with Maria and Scott and the other participants about life as an author.
All participants will receive:
- A beautiful writer’s journal to keep
- A beautiful pen with which to start your writing career
- Opportunity to submit their manuscripts to Animal Dreaming Publishing for consideration
The Luxury Venue offers a truly inspiring and magical environment to explore your creativity.
A short 15-minute walk to the heart of Broadbeach and its popular restaurants, casino, cafes and beautiful beaches, our 5 star, brand new, multi-million dollar, waterfront mansion offers:
- 6 twin-share bedrooms, all with ensuites and televisions
- 6 bathrooms and powder room
- Gourmet kitchen with coffee machine
- Cinema room with Play Station
- Entertainment room with pool table
- Free Wi-Fi internet and Foxtel package
- Outdoor kitchen with BBQ
- Spacious outdoor living, overlooking an in-ground swimming pool
- Full air-conditioning
- Waterfront outlook with private jetty
A private chef will be on hand to cater 3 delicious and healthy gourmet meals a day Vegetarian, low fat and Gluten-free dietary requirements will be taken into consideration, and if you have other dietary requirements, please let us know.
Relax in the private cinema equipped with reclining seats where a selection of inspiring and motivational movies will be available. Foxtel is included, as well as a PlayStation and pool table.
Outside offers an expansive waterfront entertaining area complete with BBQ, outdoor kitchen and in-ground pool. There is also private jetty on which to sit, ponder, create and meditate on your next book.
- We suggest you arrive at the Gold Coast the night before the retreat is to start, and stay in a hotel on the Gold Coast (at your expense)
- We will organise to pick you up from either the Gold Coast Airport or your hotel (within the Gold Coast area) and see you safely delivered to the venue the morning the retreat is due to start.
- Please EMAIL your accommodation details and any other relevant information to us in order to organise your lift to the retreat venue.
- Transfers from the venue to the Gold Coast Airport or a Gold Coast hotel will also be available on completion of the retreat.
About the Author’s Way Retreat
Every morning, before breakfast, Maria will facilitate a 30 minute guided meditation to open and energise your chakras and prepare you for your writing day.
This retreat is not just about ‘learning to write’, just as it’s not only about honing your skills as a writer. This retreat is designed to help you understand what it means to live the ‘writer’s lifestyle’. To do this, we will share with you how to create your own writer’s nook; a sacred grove where your creativity is free to flow. We will encourage you as you learn to face and destroy the inherent limitations that hinder you from becoming the author you were always meant to be, and we will nurture your creativity all day, every day so that you can fully embrace a realistic understanding of ‘the Author’s Way’.
And in the process of embracing the ‘Author’s Way, you will also learn things about the Publishing Industry that you might never learn on your own. Scott and Maria will share their own personal experiences, for example, by telling their stories: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Learn about the pros and cons of being published:
How to properly submit a manuscript:
- Your chances of being ‘picked up’ by a publishing house
- Advances and Royalties
- Publishing Contracts
- Distribution – Getting your books into shops and overseas
- Copyright and protecting yourself as an author
- Promotion and Publicity
And learn about the pros and cons of being SELF-published
Learn how to turn your writing hobby into a career as an author by asking yourself:
Who am I writing for?
- What am I writing?
- When will I begin / finish writing?
- Why am I writing?
For example, are you writing for your own pleasure? Are you writing to get a publishing deal (do you really know what a publishing deal is or what the term means)? Or are you writing to inspire others?
Learn how to effectively promote yourself as an author by establishing a profile, getting your work ‘out there’, building an audience, and marketing and branding yourself and earning an income from your writing, both short term and long term.
Apart from that, though, during this retreat you will learn about:
- the difference between ‘creating’ and ‘editing’
- the importance of writing every day (even if it’s only for 30 mins)
- why it’s important for a book to ‘feel good’ in your hands
- how your favourite author can inspire your own writing
- how to overcome writer’s block (walk away, etc)
- intuitive writing; using your gut instinct as a writer when it comes to editing, etc
- what your writing routine is as a writer (mood, environment, etc)
- writers tips (re-reading, printing out, relaxation, etc)
- the four main archetypes that make a writer (what archetype are you?)
- the four main motives that inspire all writers (what motivates you as a writer?)
- the four methods that govern all writers (what method do you tend to use as a writer?)
- the four questions that all writers need to ask to anchor their intentions
- the four seasons and how they energetically influence all writers (what season energetically rules and inspires you as a writer?)
- the four influences that can help explain the muses or blocks that affect all writers
- the daily tasks that all writers might do to ensure creativity and flow
- some activities designed to abolish your inherent fears as a writer; fears that tend to hamper creativity and block us as writers
Maria and Scott believe that ‘all writing and no play, makes Johnny the author a dull boy’!
So to prevent this retreat becoming just another boring ‘writer’s retreat’ we are going to unblock your creativity by injecting some fun and liberating activities into the program that will force you out of your comfort zone. These exciting activities include:
- An afternoon of Jet-Skiing around the Spit on the Gold Coast (weather depending)
- Dinner out as a group at a delicious, Gold Coast restaurant.
What to bring to this unique retreat:
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Beach towel, swimmers and beach wear
- Smart casual evening wear (for our dinner out as a group)
- A paper copy of your existing manuscript (you don’t need to have a manuscript to attend the retreat)
- Pens, pads and other writing materials
- A selection (minimum of three titles) of books by your favourite author(s)
About your hosts, Maria Elita and Scott Alexander King
Ever since Maria Elita was a little girl she had a dream to write books. Today her dream has become a reality. Maria Elita is an internationally published author, with books being published in both the new age/motivational arena and also business (titles include ‘The Atlantis Oracle’, ‘The Miracle’ and ‘The Naked Entrepreneur’). She also has e-book credits to her name, including ‘Intuition Tuition’ which has enjoyed over 30,000 downloads, changing the lives of many. It is her wish now to help want-to-be authors manifest and create their legacy in the world. You can read more about Maria by visiting www.mariaelita.com
Scott Alexander King has always loved books. For Scott, there is nothing more nostalgic than the smell of an old, well-read book. Being an author is one of the most rewarding things Scott has done in his life. In fact, knowing that he has left a legacy through the written word, not just for his children, but the children of all people, is the reason he writes every day. Scott is the best-selling author of four books (‘Animal Dreaming’, ‘World Animal Dreaming’, ‘Earth Mother Dreaming’ and ‘Indigo Children and Cheeky Monkeys’), the ‘Bohemian Animal Tarot, five Oracle Decks (‘The Oracle of the Innocent Heart’, the ‘Nature’s Wisdom Message Cards’, the ‘Animal Dreaming Oracle’, ‘World Animal Dreaming Oracle’ and the ‘Creature Teacher Cards’) and three CDs (‘Healing with the Animals’, ‘Meet your Power Animal’ and ‘Celebrating Australia’s Wheel of Life’). Besides raising awareness about the world’s animals and the true nature of our children, Scott is also passionate about encouraging blossoming writers become realised authors.